Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Looking for a better deal

Once or twice a week I go to pasar borong (wholesale wet market) to get my weekly supplies of vegies, chicken and other cooking supplies. I also buy rice (Thai rice) here. The pasar borong is located at the back of Flat Buluh Kubu, an old apartment block in the heart of Kota Bharu. Further away from the apartments, less than a hundred meters away is Kota Bharu's main wet market, the Pasar Siti Khadijah.

This morning on the way back from sending my kids to school, I dropped by. I parked my car in front of Pasar Siti Khadijah and walked to the market. The reason I patronize this pasar borong is because it's cheaper here compared to Pasar Siti Khadijah. Hey, after all all the vegies sold in Pasar Siti Khadijah come from this market. I reckon I can save up to 30% if I get my supplies here. The trick is you have to come in early, before 9 a.m.

I know most people simply can't come in the early morning hours, due to work etc. So they shop at pricier places because it's convenient to them. But for some other people, they just don't care, they don't bother looking at other places for a better deal.

Looking for a better deal. I believe everyone should look for a better deal every time. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's as easy as turning left instead of right, or go to shop B instead of shop A. Hard or easy aside, I feel everyone should make a conscious effort to always look for a better deal in life.

After getting some keropok lekor and vegies, I walked back to my car. As I load my goods into the car, I couldn't help but notice people come out of Pasar Siti Khadijah with similar goods as I am. I wonder how much they pay for them? Did they look for a better deal?

1 comments:

Dorothy said...

Dear Site Owner,

I would like to say that your blog is well-written and it contains lots of useful and up-to-date information. We really got interested in your web resource and we would like to cooperate with you. My websites are devoted on various financial themes and the have got amazing traffic and Google Values.

My sites contains loads of useful financial information presented in news and articles that highlight the most much-talked-of issues such as credit cards, debt solutions, financial crisis, ways out of it, and many more. We believe this information can awake interest in your readers and can help you gain more and more traffics well. We would like to do some link exchange with your sites. If you agree then please let me know as per your convenience: dorothy786@gmail.com

We thank in you in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Dorothy Parker

Post a Comment